MCPSRA TRAVEL 2019-2020
Welcome to our latest MCPSRA TRAVEL TEAM offerings for the coming months. We hope you will find one or more tours that interest you and some that your family or friends might enjoy, too! Please
share this list with others so we can continue to build the program and share the love of travel and adventure with many more. Your ideas are always encouraged! Please contact us and let us know how we can do our best for you!
• DEADLINES: We don’t want to cancel any of the trips, so please pay for your trip as soon as possible. If a trip has to be cancelled because of insufficient numbers by the published deadline, your check will be returned to you.
• Some trips are shared by EYRE Tour & Travel and MCPSRA. Trips marked “EYRE TRIP” can be paid by credit card directly to EYRE. Make sure they know that you are traveling with MCPSRA!
• GRATUITIES for drivers are not included in the price of the trip.
• Most trips require at least 30 participants.
Longwood Gardens, Kennett Square, PA. Chrysanthemum Festival; October 25, 2019; 8 am – 6 pm. (Note date change: The correct date is October 25, 2019)Experience the largest display of exhibition chrysanthemums in the United States. Horticultural experts work daily throughout the seasons to train more than 17,000 chrysanthemums into giant orbs, pagodas, columns and even a unique fan-shape. Lunch will be on your own at Garden Café. Activity Level: walking and standing. Payment of $77 due by September 10, 2019.
Winterthur Museum, Winterthur, DE. Costuming the Crown; November 8, 2019; 8:00am – 6:00 pm. Winterthur Museum, an American estate and museum formerly owned by Henry Francis du Pont, is well known for its renowned antique collections and naturalistic garden. At the time of our visit, an exhibit, Costuming the Crown, will provide additional opportunities to see 40 iconic costumes as well as royal crowns and tiaras from the Emmy-award winning Netflix show The Crown, a dramatized history of the reign of Queen Elizabeth II. Lunch will be on your own at a Museum restaurant. Activity Level: walking and standing. Payment of $75 due by September 24, 2019.
American Music Theater, Lancaster, PA. Joy to the World, December 10, 2019, 7:30 am – 5:00 pm. American Music theater is well known for its outstanding concerts and performances. This year’s holiday show, Joy to the World, features phenomenal singing, music, and dance interspersed with light-hearted holiday humor. Following the show, we will enjoy a traditional Amish Farm Feast at Plain and Fancy Restaurant. Activity Level: Low. Payment of $130 due by October 25, 2019.
Contact Information: CHECKS should be made payable to MCPSRA. One check per tour, please. MAIL all checks and reservation forms to Margaret P. Brown, 6 Cullinan Drive, Gaithersburg MD 20878,
Contact Nancy Sanders via e-mail: or by phone at 301-963-1357 for questions. We welcome your suggestions, too!
REMINDERS ABOUT THE MCPSRA TRAVEL PROGRAM
• We all travel at our own risk. When signing up for one of the sponsored trips, participants accept all liability for any loss, damage or personal injury related to that trip and hold MCPSRA, its Officers and Board harmless should any accident, injury or loss occur.
• Itineraries, times and details are approximate. Changes are sometimes necessary and unavoidable.
• Trips are open to members, their families and adult friends, unless otherwise indicated.
• ACTIVITY LEVEL: Most tours require considerable walking, often with steps to climb or limited accessibility. Participants should be capable of maintaining the group’s pace.
PAYMENTS: Write a separate check payable to MCPSRA for each trip. Include the name and date of the trip on each check. Send your check with your completed reservation form. Your reservation will be definite upon receipt of your deposit/full payment, whichever is required.
• Upon receipt of registration form and payment confirmation, the Travel Team will send an email to the participant acknowledging the booking.
• REFUNDS are made only when your space can be filled.
PDF of Travel Reservation Form: Open, Fill Out, Print and Mail
Smithsonian Museum of Natural History, Monday, Feb. 10, 2020 9:30 am – 3:00 pm Let’s celebrate the return of the dinosaur! After five years of preparation, the 31,000 square foot Fossil Hall has recently reopened permitting a closeup view of 700 fossil specimens. This exhibit provides tools to interpret the past, present, and future. Other ongoing exhibits at the museum are the Sant Ocean Hall, the Butterfly Pavilion (paid ticket), the Insect Zoo, and Geology, Gems, and Minerals. Lunch on your own at museum cafes. Activity Level: walking and standing. This trip includes bus transportation and motor coach operator gratuity. Payment of $37 due by January 4, 2020.
Upcoming Trips – Save the Dates – More Specific Details in next Newsletter
Friday, March 13, 2020 – Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day by discovering Baltimore, MD Irish heritage.
Tuesday, April 14, 2020 – Commemorate Abraham Lincoln by visiting Lincoln’s Cottage in Wash., DC.
Thursday, May 21, 2020 – Choptank River Crab Feast Cruise.
Thursday, June 18, 2020 – Sight and Sound Theater production of Queen Ester. 8